The Code of Conduct for Acting Coaches and Educators
Authored by Steering Committee of The Association of Acting Coaches and Educators (AACE)
The Code of Conduct is a set of voluntary commitments developed by the Steering Committee for the Association for Acting Coaches and Educators representing performers and workers in the entertainment industry. Each Acting Coach or Educator who is a signatory to this Code is solely responsible for upholding their commitments under the Code and their obligations under the law. Signing on to The Code of Conduct for Acting Coaches and Educators is a commitment to building a safe and respectful learning environment, where interactions are consent-based, and free of harassment, discrimination, bullying, and violence.
The principles espoused in this code are applicable to all learning environments. These can include, but are not limited to, classroom settings, acting studios, auditions, self-tape sessions, performance venues, virtual online coaching, and teaching sessions.
Please reach out if you have any questions! AACEsteeringcommittee@gmail.com
We believe that every performer and student should expect the following:
1. A safe learning environment where all students and performers can thrive;
2. To have anti-harassment, discrimination, and violence policies and procedures that are clearly communicate to students before or on the first day of classes, and followed for the duration of the course.
3. For educators to have a course curriculum that includes or incorporates aspects of anti-harassment training and education.
4. The ability to set personal boundaries and engage in consent-based interactions.
5. An educator that adheres to industry best practices when including content where physical contact or scenes of nudity, intimacy, or violence may be included.
6. An educator who is mindful of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and builds this into their teaching.
7. Resources for counseling and support when needed.
In support of the above expectations, we as Acting Coaches and Educators commit to:
• Enacting policies, procedures, and education programs to maintain zero tolerance for harassment, discrimination, bullying, and violence.
• Identifying a timely process to receive, respond and resolve complaints, and provide resources to counseling and support services where necessary.
• Being respectful, accountable, and honest, and upholding this Code to the best of our ability.
Join Us! Read and sign the code
Read, download, and return the signed code with your application to: AACEsteeringcommittee@gmail.com